Chongqing, China, also known as the “Mountain City”, is a modern port city surrounded by beautiful natural wonders.
Chongqing’s time zone is China Standard Time (GMT/UCT+8)
Average daytime temperature: 28°C (82°F)
Average night temperature: 21°C (70°F).
The average humidity is 80%.
The currency in Chongqing is the Yuan.
**Since Yuan are rarely exchanged in most Western countries, exchange rates and fees may be high. It is recommended to acquire a small quantity in advance and to exchange money as needed in Chongqing. Money exchanges can be made at any Bank of China (BOC) branch.
- World class natural hot springs (*adjacent to the congress venue hotel)
- Chongqing People Square / Chongqing People hall
- Wulong Tiankeng Three Bridges
- Ciqikou Old Town
- People’s Liberation Monument
- Loquat Mountain Park
- Huguang Guild Hall
- Fengdu Ghost City
- Goose Neck Park
- Chongqing Zoo
- Huangjueping Graffiti Street
Chongqing’s transportation system is well developed.
- Chongqing has 3 civil airports (including Jiangbei International Airport).
- Its train system reaches all major capital cities in China (except Ningxia).
- There are 6 major long-distance bus lines.
- Thera are 6 subway lines operating in Chongqing.
- 500+ city bus lines serve the city.
- Taxis are available almost everywhere.